The world wide web has gone through some radical changes in the last 15 years. Simple web pages have been replaced by dynamic data base driven sites that provide the end user with vital information needed to make a decision about a product or service. Web 2.0 is improving….everyday… and well onto Web 3.0 with more devices and systems.
Russell has investigated and studied web systems, web tools and websites to better understand the process of web construction and management. He has good knowledge of css styling and html. The logic of how things to set up for the content flow for the end user – which is extremely important in web production.
A CMS or Content Management System is used for the control and editing of content as well as functionality – endless opportunities. It can be managed from one template and as changes are made they are included on all pages. The main function is front end editing and back-end editing with multiple managers. Content can be added by a simple editor like word thereby empowering anyone to be able to add information. Modules and components can be installed to add different functionality like video hosting with the auto creation of menus and headings.
Russell’s practical experience and knowledge extends to:
- Setting up / installation of CMS (Content managed system) databased managed websites.
- Setting up of simple static sites.
- E-commerce / Online shopping systems
- Online Editors – WYSIWYG
- CSS styling
- Open source providers
- Image management relative to web production
- Email templates (as well cloning to outlook express)
- Forum / blog systems.
- Image gallery systems (Simple and dynamic)
- Template customization / modules , such image rotators, banner ads, and much more.
- E commerce customization / module/ code snippet insertion.
- Research of forums to resolve issues with systems and websites.
- Google Ads, analytics and SEO.
- Banner Advertising and service providers such as Clixgalore.
- cPanel Web manager